Saturday, October 1, 2011

Therapy.



After not sitting at it for the better part of the past 3 years, I cleaned up my desk yesterday… quite therapeutic actually, throwing out a tonne of crap which you kept on your desk because you once upon a time thought it’d be useful (and it probably was or has been and now you’re screwed) but now it just took up space. Iunno. I’d always had a habit of keeping things on my desk for sentimental value or just stored stuff away and been maybe a bit apprehensive or scared to have thrown stuff out. Like say your old history books, why the hell would you keep them on/under your table? Because its fun to look at them and see what you knowledge you learned in Yr8 and have never touched again, nor are you likely to ever again? But yeah, yesterday was hell therapeutic. Got over my little hoarding issue, and in the bin that yr 8 history book went.

But I didn’t only throw away stuff, I also found things which I thought were long lost! Like old school diaries (which looked pretty new, cuz I’d never really written in them bar my yr7 one). Yeah, gonna list a few nice/amusing things that’d I’d found and subsequently kept.

- LOL essays, stories, exams and other bits and pieces we did with Mrs Scorer in Yr7 and Yr8. It reminds me that I was once half decent at English, and that funnily (and even strangely) enough, my written and language skills have gone downhill from there. L Was also a weird feeling, sorta like completing a circle, if that makes sense, cuz we were one of the first classes to have Mrs Birbara, who then left as she held a temp position. Then one day in Yr11 I walked into my 3U class and there she was as a temp, and she even remembered me :D And then she left, then another year later, she finally took over our 3U class for good!

- The fish we had to make in yr7 VA. Best artwork I’d ever done. Sounds stupid, but it’s quite a personal achievement for unartistic, uncreative me.

- Various items of stationery from my childhood. I once had an obsession with micky mouse stationery, and gel pens/nice smelling pens!

- A toy clown drummer model thingo Gaj gave me upon ‘exiting’ the band program last year, because I represented and served as one of those more than I did a trumpeter.


- A really cool envelope Helen once made me; she is quite the creative person! Side note, the pure dedication, and I don’t know how to describe, friendship? she shows towards her friends whenever she organizes a present is simply amazing.

- Peer support booklets + gala day stuff, old ricebowls and splatts,

- Mr yr7 ag yearly exam, in which I missed two pages, drew a Sudoku on the back and completed it, and still managed to beat Paul.


- MR PERRINS MATH NOTES. THESE ARE FREAKIN LEGENDARY. AND HIS HANDWRITING IS A SIGHT TO BEHOLD. These might’ve been the only work related thing that I did not throw out. Had a great time in yr10 math.

- Sheets of random music! Like the song we did in yr8 music,

“If the rain’s got to fall let it fall on Wednesday,

Tuesday, Monday, any day but Sunday

Sunday’s the day when it’s got to be fine,

‘Cos that’s when I’m meeting my girl.


If the rain’s got to fall let it fall on Maidstone,

Hoxstone, Oakstone, anywhere but Folkstone,

Folkstone’s the place where it’s got to be fine,

‘Cos that’s where I’m meeting my girl.


What if the weather gets rainy?

There am I like a bloomin’ zany,

Trying to say ‘I love her’,

Then we have to break and take cover.


If the rain’s got to fall, let it fall on Thursday,

Saturday, Friday, Any day but my day,

My day’s the day when it’s got to be fine,

‘Cos that’s when I’m meeting my girl.


If the rain’s got to fall let it fall on Wednesday,

Tuesday, Monday, any day but Sunday

Sunday’s the day when it’s got to be fine,

‘Cos that’s when I’m meeting my girl.


What could be wetter or damper,

Than to sit on a picnic hamper,

Sitting a Sarsperella,

Underneath a leaky umbrella.


If the rain’s got to fall, let it fall on Thursday,

Saturday, Friday, Any day but Sunday,

Sunday’s the day when it’s got to be fine,

‘Cos that’s when his meeting his girl.”

a brilliant song, that whole musical thing, across all classes was baie enjoyable! Like A’s “He’s ‘kneeling’ ” and ‘skiing’, L’s “It’s a Lovely Day Today” featuring Jinghang’s solo. T’s party on the house thingo with Wilson :D

And then our class. Just looking back, it was one of the great moments of teamwork and enthusiasm. We elected Dennis as our Kipp. We organised for choreos. We practiced, were thankful for the choreos and the dance. We even arranged for out of class practices, and we set a trend by arranging practices during other classes i.e. that one history lesson. And clapping ourselves and cheering like mad after each practice session. We were all into it. We hogged the lecture theatre. We one time were restless and not listening to Joanne, and upset her and brought tears to her eyes; this made us realise the hard work she had put into choreo-ing this, and we worked tirelessly since. That one time on the day, when Demos came into the lecture theatre and all the girls, unanimously were like “Shit, cover up!” It was really good, seeing how this brought us together as a class. I miss 8K.



wow, 959 words written in 27 minutes… and it takes me a day or two to put together an essay if I’m inspired.

-Joe

No comments:

Post a Comment