argh! I haven't listened to the radio on a regular basis for what is it now, 5 years? Not since I drove from Hurstville to school every morning. Hence the newest song on my ipod would be ... the stuff from Kanye's graduation album.
So I don't listen often; i guess I'll draw from back then!
every time we heard this, Dad, Don, Bryan Zhu and I would all start whistling (especially during the whistling bits...)
ok so I warped this a little
anyway, at the end of the year I'm moving back to Hurstville YAY
I'm glad to be going back; Gotta Get Back To (hogwarts)
At first, and even still, I wish I never ever moved from there; my close childhood friends still live there; everything there was so conveniently located, we knew almost everyone in town. And the biggest thing I missed was the public transport, socialising with people. You see people on the parra bus, castle hill/baulko buses, and especially the Epping bus; they often form tight knit groups and although it mightnt be directly related to this, there has to be some link. But yeah, I saw less of some people because I wouldn't get to travel with them, or even get to hang out at places often (parra, epping, towers and the like)
but when I do see the people I grew up with now, some of them are a bit wild and make bad lifestyle choices. Not to generalise, but a large number have joined gangs/brotherhoods, drink, smoke, get tattooed flamboyantly (which maybe isnt bad), sleep with 10 different girls a week, run black/stolen goods businesses (at the age of 15/16?), do drugs.
I often wonder had my family stayed in Hurstville, what influence would these people have had on me?
3on3 basketball starts this week already; exciting lah hopefully we don't kenasai!
No comments:
Post a Comment