Day 20 - A Song That You Listen To When You’re Angry
Not to be corny, but I do look at some of the Psalms when I'm angry, to look from guidance from God.
Like Psalm 22:1-31, which has the almost iconic 'eli eli lama sabachthani' or "My Father My Father Why have you forsaken me"
But I do also listen to this, a song my father showed me once when I was mad:
or if you want to see the live performance (dunno why tho)
ok, it is an asian song == i know. But its a very, thoughtful (?) song. Its a very ah beng type thing, like you know when you're mad you don't want to be listening to daisys and unicorns, you want to bash a pillow or crank up some loud music. Yeah, that. Kinda like (on a much smaller scale) how people going through tough times might turn to substance abuse or something.
So yes, the ah beng song kinda questions the decisions we make when we're young, trying to be heroes taking the world upon your shoulders and stuff like that. And talks about finding the right friends to support you when you're angry and so on. Ok bad translation. Calms me down i spose, warns me against making stupid decisions.
anyway, this song is by Mark Lee Kok Huang, firstly from Jack Neo's film Liang PoPo. Jack Neo might be better known for "I Not Stupid", a film that touches on details very relevant to students. LOL did you know that the surname Liang = Neo. Cheng/Zheng = Thia, Hong=Ang
Zhang=Teo/Tieu, Lin=Lim, Chen=Tan, Goh=Wu, Iu=Yang Ng=Huang/Wu, Pan = Phua
interesting stuff.
No comments:
Post a Comment